To promote quality culture as the prime concern of Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the quality-enhancing and sustaining initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of the IQAC is :
- To develop a mechanism to promote conscious, consistent and catalytic action plans to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote institutional quality enhancement and sustenance through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalisation of the best practices.
Shall evolve a mechanism and procedures for :
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial units;
- Adoption of relevant and quality academic and research programmes;
- Ensuring equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of the society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- Ensuring credible assessment and evaluation processes;
- Ensuring the proper allocation, adequacy and maintenance of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks;
- Setting parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty development to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all the stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all the stakeholders;
- Organization of intra- and inter-institutional workshops and seminars on quality- related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities;
- Including adoption and dissemination of the best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits along with their follow-up activities;
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to :
- Ensuring clarity and focus in the institution's march towards quality enhancement;
- Ensuring internalization of quality culture;
- Ensuring enhancement and coordination among the various units and activities of the institution and institutionalizing all good practices;
- Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Building a sound methodology for documentation and internal communication.